• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie steering + OME stabilizer question

I'd leave it compressed slightly, just make sure you have enough travel the other way too.

The stabilizer is fully extended out (or very close to it) when the wheels are turned all the way to the left. So knowing that turn your wheels all the way to the left and with the stabilizer bolted at the axle end, extend the stabilizer all the way out and then bolt the mount to the drag link. Maybe even pull it in just a bit to be safe and make sure you don't over extend it. Once that is done turn back to all the way to the right and make sure it doesn't bind from the steering trying to over compress the stabilizer. If you still have a ways to go before it fully compresses after the steering is turned all the way to the left then you know you can adjust it in some more to even it out.

when the steering is all centered i would think the damper should be in the middle of its travel as well

Yes.

The stabilizer is fully extended out (or very close to it) when the wheels are turned all the way to the left. So knowing that turn your wheels all the way to the left and with the stabilizer bolted at the axle end, extend the stabilizer all the way out and then bolt the mount to the drag link. Maybe even pull it in just a bit to be safe and make sure you don't over extend it. Once that is done turn back to all the way to the right and make sure it doesn't bind from the steering trying to over compress the stabilizer. If you still have a ways to go before it fully compresses after the steering is turned all the way to the left then you know you can adjust it in some more to even it out.

That's a good way to do it!

Yes.

That's a good way to do it!

Thats what I was thinking! I have never personally done it but it makes complete sense to me so give it a try.

I do want to fix a typo I made though so nobody gets confused. In the last sentence in my post I meant to say right not left.

"If you still have a ways to go before it fully compresses after the steering is turned all the way to the right then you know you can adjust it in some more to even it out."

I've got Currie steering and was planning on buying a stabilizer for it soon. I was figuring the easiest way would be to measure the fully extended length of the stabilizer's shaft, push it back in half that length, center your steering, then bolt it on. Seems to me this would guarantee that it is centered rather than setting it at steering lock on one side and hoping the other side comes out OK.

I've got Currie steering and was planning on buying a stabilizer for it soon. I was figuring the easiest way would be to measure the fully extended length of the stabilizer's shaft, push it back in half that length, center your steering, then bolt it on. Seems to me this would guarantee that it is centered rather than setting it at steering lock on one side and hoping the other side comes out OK.

This is what I did and it works fine.

btw, love the Currie steering. Great upgrade in strength and drivability.

Back