• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody had a leaky rear seal on an AW4?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I have developed what appears to be a significant leak in the rear seal on my AW4. Anybody ever run into this problem? My main question is, is the seal pressed into the housing from the inside or the outside? In other words can I replace it without having to dissassemble the AW4.

It is leaking from the tranny, not the tcase.

I have developed what appears to be a significant leak in the rear seal on my AW4. Anybody ever run into this problem? My main question is, is the seal pressed into the housing from the inside or the outside? In other words can I replace it without having to dissassemble the AW4.

It happens. Remove transfer case to access - the transfer case adapter can stay put. The seal is pressed in from the outside.

Is it a 2wd or 4wd? If it's a 2wd then it is pressed in from the inside. All it takes is the removal of the tailcone to replace it. Just recently had to do it to mine and no more puddles.

Back