• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 link fab question...

ericfx1984

NAXJA Forum User
planning a 3 link, will be doing this pretty soon...

I notice that on most kits the lower control arms bolt on the frame just in front of the tcase crossmember, directly on the rails...

I do not like this for a few reasons...

1) clearance
2) strength

so here is my question I plan to use the stock driver side upper axle mount for my upper link, and the stock axle side lower mount (maybe upgrading at a later date)

can I angle my lower control arms inward? so that they will be inside the frame rails and I could tuck them up inside there? or would this inward angle create some odd issue with the suspension?

I am planning to make the chassis side have 7/8 hiems and the axle side have poly bushings, I figures when I notch the poly bushing side of the tubing I could angle the notch

notes: this truck will be sitting around 4.5-5" of lift, this truck will be a Daily Driver

Yes you can angle them inward, it won't cause a problem. Depending on where you put them you MIGHT need to clearance the frame or put a bend in the LCA. Doing a front 3-link isn't as hard as a rear linkage, but try to get a good amount of seperation at frame end. For a three link you don't need any poly bushing heims will be better. Also if your doing a 3-link don't use the stock UCA bushing with the 10mm bolt.

Read the pirate4x4 3-link TOTM and all the builds in the advanced section here. I liked ?lilnickt? build he did on here.

Last edited:
You will also find that running the upper link on the pass side is alot easier due to the exhaust/driveshaft on the drivers side.

Back