• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock slider measurements

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So Ive been searching but cant seam to find what im looking for. At some point there was a post of a pic with measurements for sliders. Like how long the legs were, and the main slider. Ive built a few sets of sliders but always just made them how ever long I wanted. I wanted to see how long people that have built there own make them. How long they make the main piece, and then the legs. How far it sticks out from the frame to. I will be adding tube sometime to the sliders for more side protection but not till later on in the summer. So I dont want them sticking really far out from the frame. Can anyone help me out here.

don't know what everyone else is doing but i made mine out of 2x4x1/8 rect. tubing. i cut about an inch and a half away from the lip that the door seal sits on. the tubing is about a half inch under that line. the outside of the tubing is damn near flush with the door.

the stand offs from the frame to the slider will be about 13in that should put the notch in the middle of the 2x4 tubing.

over all length for the two door was around 62" that puts it just behind where the stock opening of the front fender is. i did it that way so i could trim them up some.

there are pics in my build thread of everything. but if you don't want to look through it all i can post them here too if you want.

Connect/brace the pinch seam tube to the slider tube in the middle of the two mounting legs. This will reduce bending of the main slider tube under hard usage.

If you want them to stick out more, make the legs longer.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Back