• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

intake / exaust

activeshooter1

NAXJA Forum User
any tricks to get the intake / exaust manif bolts on a 2000 4.0, how about bellhousing bolts? working an engine swap and getting frustrated.
thanks in advance

"righty tighty, lefty loosey..."

but seriously... last time (the only time) i pulled a 4.0 we found it easiest to simply move things out of the way. ive seen the 4.0 pulled strait out before, but it saved us a lot of headache, busted knuckles, and (in the long run) time to take the extra few minutes to pull stuff out of the engine bay. we unbolted the tranny and the exhaust at the collector, intake and exhaust came out with the motor. no need to take it off in the engine bay if your doing a full swap.

Maybe,,, I moved the alt/ac stuff over but am reusing intake exaust. so i figgured on disconnecting it and pulling it out of the way. so as to not move (potentialy damage) hard fuel lines electrical stuff. I might just be punnishing myself tho

Maybe,,, I moved the alt/ac stuff over but am reusing intake exaust. so i figgured on disconnecting it and pulling it out of the way. so as to not move (potentialy damage) hard fuel lines electrical stuff. I might just be punnishing myself tho
just pull the injectors out of the fuel rail, and set em aside, use a flat head screw driver to pry them out easily, and pull the intake and exhaust with the motor

Disconnect the fuel line, unplug the electrical connections on the injectors, remove motor. If you're going to reuse the manifold, there's no real point in removing the injectors, IMO. A universal joint/flex socket, and a gearwrench with a flex head make removing and installing manifold bolts and nuts a lot easier, IMO. It's still a pain, but doable.

Back