• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Decided to repaint the buggy

Fullsizexj

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna run Blue skins for this years comp season

DSCN0185.JPG

DSCN0186.JPG

DSCN0187.JPG

DSCN0188.JPG

DSCN0189.JPG

That is really sweet. I like that you take the pride to keep it looking nice.

I am about ready to sand the whole body back down and just go black, I do not have enough room to lay everything out at once a shoot it all at the same time. The dang side panels keep coming out the wrong color, that is the problem with metalic paint, even a slight change in air pressure can change the color with the way the metalic lays when it hits the panel. I have done the side panels twice now and they still do not match the front clip

yeah straight colors are easy, for metalics you really need to shoot everything at the same time out of 1 mixed batch of paint at the exact same air pressure. I already sanded everything back down and started shooting black. I originally wanted to go black with the blue tube work anyways. I already had the blue so I thought I would try it out, I just don't have enough rom to shoot everything at once so it just is not working out to my likeing anways

well after trying to get the side panels painted to match the front end, I gave up. I sanded it all back down and went straight black with blue tube work still, I just finished painting the final parts and will put it back together tomorrow and post up new pics

Yeah, that was my thinking also, The whole reason for the color change was the old spider web theme was great but a real pain in the rear to fix everytime it got messed up. I tried the blue metalic because I already had it but it was just not matching from one batch to the next, black is black and comes out black everytime so it will be real easy to maintain

I like it way better that way! Can't wait to see the black and blue. I've always liked your buggy but I just never cared for the spiderman thing. Looks sweet now tho.

I had it set on 640 x 480 so I would not have to resize them, not like I was doing a photo shoot or something

cameras are the last thing I care about right now, just trying to finish everything I want to get done before the comp season starts, today is supposed to be really nice out so I am gonna take advantage of it and work on my trailer, not often I get a nice day out on my day off

Picked up a sheet of 1/8" aluminum to make a new roof for it yesterday, probably make it this coming Friday since I have the day off

Back