• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement for RE supperide bushings

XJMarty

NAXJA Forum User
Well, now when Rubicon express is out of bussines (temporarily hopefully), is there any chance to get replacement bushings for superride arms (hourglass style)??
Or any other bushings that will fit?

You know that's really the smartest solution those bushings suck, bad, they're probably RE's worse idea ever. I purposely found an older set of lower control arms with the factory style clevites bushings so I didn't have to deal with having to replace the crappy hour glass bushings after every wheeling trip.

hi, i have the same problem, i cut off the metal ring of OEM bushing with a mototool dremel at 1/2 in sections aprox and then push the pieces with a flat screwdriver and hammer

sorry for my english i speak only a bit

If you are talking about RE SuperJoints, I am setting up my cnc and I am going to be making replacement bushings for my own stuff since they are no longer available. I should have the first ones off the press in a couple of weeks.

BC me if you are interested.

If you are talking about RE SuperJoints, I am setting up my cnc and I am going to be making replacement bushings for my own stuff since they are no longer available. I should have the first ones off the press in a couple of weeks.

BC me if you are interested.

He's talking about the new style hourglass bushings that RE went with to replace the OEM Chrysler CA bushings. They are a retrofit so the OEM should slip right in as a replacement i believe.

Tom, did you ever set up the CNC and run some superjoint races yet? I could use a set of the larger size.

Back