• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft rebuild HELP

ottexj2000

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to rebuild the front driveshaft of my 2000 XJ. For whatever reason I cannot get the ujoints to line up on the double cardan end. I doesnt matter if I try to assemble it then install it on the driveshaft or try install the double cardon end andthe put the last u joint in. it seems like the center kit is sitting too high. I have tried everything and cannot seem to figure this out. I know I have all the right parts. All parts are spicer.

I just rebuilt the front shaft on my 01 TJ a few weeks ago due to the angry sparrows. Luckily, I took all of the parts with me when I went to get the new parts.....guy pulled out the 211355x and I compared it to the OEM piece I had and it was different. The cup height/shoulder area was about 3/8" taller on the new part. Ended up using a Spicer 211544x centering yoke that was the same height.

Compare your replacement part to your original and see if that's the problem.

Jeff

Back