• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone put a group 65 battery in their XJ?

Planetcat

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a nice optima for my WJ and would like to put the fairly newish group 65 battery in my 90 XJ, but obviously the tray for the XJ is way too small. It looks like it might be able to squeeze in there, but just wondering if anyone's done it. Thanks.

Mines 1998 RHD but it dropped straight in ..... with the battery tray ends cut out and a new hold down clamp made up for it.

Sits close to the hood lock but no wriggling around/rubbing since fitting a coupla years ago.

Mines 1998 RHD but it dropped straight in ..... with the battery tray ends cut out and a new hold down clamp made up for it.

Sits close to the hood lock but no wriggling around/rubbing since fitting a coupla years ago.

Thanks. I'm going to give that a try. I'll post pics when it's done, although my engine compartment is so crusty looking, it's embarrassing.

Back