• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me identify this mystery plug

restored517

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me what this little plus is for? It is located at the bottom of the grill, about the middle. I'm really hoping it is designed to hook up oem fog lights, and that perhaps i can connect my aftermarket lights and run it via the oem fog light switch. Thanks for any help yall can provide!

1z4jvb9.jpg

That plug is for the outside air temperature sensor that can be read on vehicles equipped with the overhead console.
To install factory or aftermarket foglights you will need to install a harness with a relay, power source and signal wire to turn them off and on.

I found this when I did my rad swap. Every XJ (atleast 97+) is completely wired for an overhead console, right?

OP: The stock fog wiring sucks anyways, can hardly handle the stock 55W fogs.

While all the 97+ XJs I have seen have that connector in front of the radiator support there is a harness that is required that is above the headliner which is routed down one of the B pillars and ties into the harness behind the dash panel.

it can, but will be lacking the fuel economy display and will require a significant amount of custom wiring under the dash and some wiring in the engine compartment.

Back