• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 up e350 dana 60 axle width

guswheels

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering if anyone knew the axle width wms-wms of a 99 up e350 dana 60 ?? I picked up a 79 f250 high pinion 44 for the front of my xj and just wanted to see how close the widths were. My 44 front is app 68". I searched around and couldnt find anything,might of missed it though.

If it is a Dana 60 it is a front axle. If it is the rear axle, it is probably a Sterling 10.5 (similar in strength to a Dana 70). I dont know the width but I promise it is much wider. I had one but sold it. 77 inches seems to ring a bell.

Not f350,e350 they have a f.f 60 rear w disc brakes. Being out of a van it might be pretty wide. I know some guys on hear are running them.

If it is a Dana 60 it is a front axle. If it is the rear axle, it is probably a Sterling 10.5 (similar in strength to a Dana 70). I dont know the width but I promise it is much wider. I had one but sold it. 77 inches seems to ring a bell.
e350's had 60's in the rear

for the orig poster it should be at 66.5wms to wms, there pretty badass axles, smooth bottoms 3.5" tubes and big bor spindles that accept 35 spline shafts withput boring all you need is the shafts and 35 spline carrier

My rear is a 99 e350 60. hate to say it, but the PO built it and I know very little about it.

-35 Spline. iirc, it is not a centered diff stock. mine has been narrowed, and the diff centered so each shaft is the same length. I believe he said they were custom from dutchman.

He also converted it to 8x6.5............99 was the cut off year for metric bolt pattern.

The stock brakes are HUGE!

Yea I knew 99 changed to metric wheel pattern on the pick ups but I wasnt sure about the vans. I thought the vans didnt change to later in the early 2000's ?? What did he do to change it over ?? Different hubs ??

I know they are pretty stout axles. I figure on changing shafts,gearing it and spool (35 spline) and just welding up the tubes to the center.

Vans didn't go to metric bolt pattern until 04-05.

WMS-WMS is 67 3/8".

99-04 are disc brake.

32-spline shafts stock, but you can slide in 35-spline shafts no problem if you change the internals. Center section takes standard D60 internals.

yeah thats why he went ARB in the rear... 35 spline shafts.

Actually Now im pretty confused. This is a stock 99 e350 axle:
99E350D60rear008.jpg

Mine has nothing coming through the wheel center. Any idea why?

you prob have a e 250 rear wich is semi float, thus no hubs
yeah thats why he went ARB in the rear... 35 spline shafts.

Actually Now im pretty confused. This is a stock 99 e350 axle:
99E350D60rear008.jpg

Mine has nothing coming through the wheel center. Any idea why?

oh wow. Pretty sure he said "350" though? yep definitely no hubs on mine. Maybe semi float was an option or something.

Thanks.

Far as I know all the early 350s were full floating and the 250s semi. I worked at a school bus company for awhile and we had app 100 ford and dodge vans. The newest fords at the time were 03-04 ish. All 350s were full floating and 250s semi.

I just gotta find me one of these axles for a good price.

make sure the rear end isnt a dana 61. they look bigger than a 60 and a lot of vans had them. i got one thinking it was a 60 but ended up being a 61. check the numbers on the housing

No clue.

I ended up forking over $500 for mine.

Not what I wanted to pay but oh well.

I did get a drum brake one out of a '92 E350 for $200. Sold that one to Rob. I got it out of some junkyard in CT.

Figures I will let everyone know if I find s stock pile of them. The old bus company I used to work for gave the junk vans away when they were done w them. Mostly all 1 tons there, I probly scrapped a dozen 99 up 350s at the time. oh well. hind sight is 20-20

ok back from the dead.... i am picking up one of these but it has drums, easy to put this brake set up on mine?

yup, mine is a drum E250 35 spline c-clip axle. its running an OLD ballistic disc brake kit... just weld on brackets, ford rotors, waggy calipers, impala SS pads.

if i was gonna do it again i'd pick up one a full float it do make it a full floater.

Back