• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ball joint advice

91to99

NAXJA Forum User
I am needing to replace passenger ball joints this weekend. I am looking into getting moog parts, but they have an adjustable one for sale too... should i get an adjustable joint or just regular??
1991 d30 axle on a 99
3.5 or so in lift with 31in duratracs

I've had good luck with the spicers too, and I bought them at a local supplier for $35/pair last year...

http://www.xrfchassis.com/parts-balljoints.htm

XRF ball joints are built to perform under the most severe conditions like the oil patch and logging sites. XRF Ball Joint Features: Cold forged ball stud of SAE4140 steel Stud heat treatment for omni-directional strength Triple lip boot seal to keep grease in and dirt out Forged housings of SAE1045 steel give XRF ball joints the extra strength to have almost double the stud pull-out strength of our competitors XRF Zero-Lash ball joints have a ball stud that is fully encapsulated in a high strength acetel bearing offering superior load disbursement and longer life.

You may wish to consider them depending on your intended purposes.

Another set shipped out today.

FYI, we use these ball joints on our Jeepspeed vehicles that we prep and race. Stout parts with zero issues so far.

It's good you went with the Spicers, those are the best. My $0.02 advice....When using a ball joint press to remove them, tighten the clamp up on the ball joint but don't use it to break the initial grip loose. Just load it up with the clamp and tap the ball joint with a hammer/small sledge. That way they don't shoot out of the "C" and you won't put so much pressure through the clamp just to break the initial bite loose.

Back