• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

very weird issues from my xj HELP !?!?!?!

xjhazy21

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1996 4cly 5 speed 2wd with all kind of issues

1. no parking lights, but turn signals work high beam light works brake lights (when braking) works and reverse lights work, ive tried many part store headlight switch oem switches cheack fuses under dash and pd all good. still nothing :banghead:

2. no gauges none work at they just sit still, idk what fuses to check under the dash or in the pd but i did a visual check on all the fuse and used a test light also all good

3. this just happen last night within a 15 min time period my batt was dead and it blew the #17 fuse under the dash and i cant find the inbtween position on the headlight switch anymore for some odd reason i cant start my jeep without the parking lights on dont know why its been like that since i bought the jeep also when i found the inbetween position on the switch and tried to start it and wouldnt do nothing and starting making this weird humming noise and i also noticed my overhead light getting dimmer and the two lights in my dummy light panel glowing dim
and the headlights or nothing is working anymore and when i tired to jump it off it still did the same thing

please help me i have less than a week to get it back to normal so i can make it home for christmas :(

i feel like such an idoit i got every thing fixed but it was a simple fix and i was overthinking it like i was always do my it blew a fuse and the battery power cable come lose from the terminal and was not making a good conection replaced fuses and new battery terminals and all is good again

thanks for everyone on here and your help

p.s. the search button is your friend

Back