• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust manifold advice

toyotawrench

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, I have had a small exhaust manifold leak for a bit, not its pretty bad. What manifolds have you all used, what headers, and how well have they held up to the abuse, thank you for your input.

peace
ted

Renix are fairly limited in options. My opinon is go stock replacment some thing with a warrenty stock flows plenty well and the real issue is the bottle neck in the pipe from the factory to clear the axle. I plan on changing my manifold with something stainless and wrapping it with exhaust wrap and fixing the factory bottle neck at a shop before I smog it in June because mine leaks at the gasket and cracked at the egr tube

more input if you ask in the tech forum :D

If I were you I would make sure whatever you buy has a decent warranty, I've heard plenty of people complaining about their aftermarket headers cracking after a year or so.

weld it.

Just to be a PITA, the XJ uses an exhaust header, not an exhaust manifold. It is a header because it has a separate runner for each cylinder. In an exhaust manifold one or more cylinders will share a runner.

Any of the 91-99 exhaust headers for the 4.0 can be used on a Renix engine, you just have to add a bung for the EGR tube.

Back