• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DANA 35 CARRIER

sedagon

NAXJA Forum User
I GOT A DANA 35 BOLT IN AXLE
IM TRYING TO REMOVE THE SPYDER GEARS AND I CANT GET THE PIN OUT THAT HOLDS IN THE CROSS SHAFT... IS THAT PIN THREADED OR WILL IT JUST PUNCH OUT?

I believe there should be a bolt that goes thru the carrier and into the pinion shaft to hold it in place. That is of course you are talking about the pinion shaft?

ok So where that hole is in the picture there is suposed to be a 1/4' hex bolt??
all i see is a pin..... possibly the previous owner did a hack job fix?
P1000040.jpg

Check on the 180 degree position from that hole. Is there another hole there or is it just a flate spot.

Also the Shaft there in the center of that hole is the Pinion Shaft. Mine had a 5/16 bolt there that was sheard off a while back. Know that shaft has the carrier egged out about 3/4" on both side. And I'm still running it for my daily driver.

180 degrees from that hole is another hole..... any other way of getting the pinion shaft out with the bolt sheard or should i get a new carrier?

there is supposed to be a 1/4" bolt there. it probably snapped off inside. Good luck getting it out, I recently sold a limited slip carrier that had a broken stud in it. I tried for hours to get it out. Find a new carrier.

That pinion shaft is harden metal so forget drilling it out. If you have a press or a big enough vise press it out. Also try some heat but not to much, might deform the carrier then you will need a new on.

That shaft, without the bolt or pin holding it should slide out.

Try first to tape it out.

Back