• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tinting Raptor liner... help....PLEASE!

austinaubinoe

NAXJA Forum User
ok so ive started to tear apart my XJ and I have my tintable raptor kit on hand. However, Im having a very difficult time finding the "Tint". does anyone know exactly what I need?

Thanks!

ok thanks! I was talking to the guy at the paint counter and he thought I was crazy! Will any oil based paint work? My local autozone carries Dupli-color "paint shop" quarts.

Does it need to be "Urethane" based? I really appreciate the help, I have never mixed paint or bought automotive paint before!

Yes, it MUST be urethane based. Anything else will probably separate and cause lifting - it's just not a road you want to go down.

Regular urethane base coat paint is what you need. Pick out a color, or get a paint code off of a car you like. Take it in, have them mix it up, then just add it in to your raptor liner.

Yes, it MUST be urethane based. Anything else will probably separate and cause lifting - it's just not a road you want to go down.

Regular urethane base coat paint is what you need. Pick out a color, or get a paint code off of a car you like. Take it in, have them mix it up, then just add it in to your raptor liner.

So.... do they sell this "urethane" colored paint at home depot? Any idea how much I will need for the entire 4 bottle kit? Im thinking 1 quart should do it (and leave some for future use).

Thanks.

No, you'll have to go to a local jobber. Search around online for an automotive paint supplier. A quart is too much, but it also depends on how much you want it to look like the color of the paint, if that makes sense. If you open up the raptor liner, you'll see it's a pale off-white cream color. This lightens up your tinting color that you mix with it.

Thanks alot for that info. I will find a local place and give them a call.

Yeah man Im doing the interior and the lower part of the doors. But im still having a bitch of a time finding the urethane paint.....

Back