• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7120 head swap exhaust question

shaman1204

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to have my cracked 0331 head replaced with a 7120 HO head. I bought a new exhaust manifold since the one from my 2000 will not line up. The problem I forsee is I have the Cali emissions package on my XJ, which is the two precats with the four 02 sensors.

Can I have the precat 02 sensors welded into new bungs in the header, extend the wiring on the post cat sensors and weld those into the exhaust piping post main cat? Will this work? I am not removing all my cats, just the two small precats and I'm keeping my main cat.

I can't have any check engine lights due to Illinois inspections will automatically fail you if the light is on. There is no sniffer test, they just hook up a big OBDII reader to see if you have any codes or if you have erased them before heading to the test.

Back