• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering for my full width

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
looking at doing my steering for my full width.
was thinking heims or TRE. the heims seem to wear out faster,
i was thinking the chevy set up from ballistic fab, how strong is the long TRE with the hole in it?

then i was thinking of doing like gravediggers set up. not quit sure
pics would be great that way i can get an idea.

i'm not running flat tops

id rock tie rod ends.

and 97% of the people i wheel with who run heims have either converted to tre's or bitch and moan about thier heims.

the tre with the hole in it is weaker. mines been bent since the first wheeling run with it. but it can only bend so far on my setup. i have no issues because of it.

my other idea was to run 3 TRE's and one heim.
one bar across both knuckles then one TRE on the pitman arm. connect the drag link to the tie rod with a heim. kinda redneck?

My steering is thick wall DOM with 1-ton TRE's and I like it so far. My knuckles were already drilled out with tapered inserts in them, haven't had an issue with them yet. Then I used the same for the tie rod end of the drag ink, with the tie rod flipped OTK it put the tapered side on the back, I drilled the TRE out and used a tapered insert there as well. Haven't had any issues yet.
0725101944.jpg

0727101520.jpg

0728101913a.jpg

been running heims on a front 44, and 38s with hydro assist for 2 years now with 50/50 street offroad. ruffstuff 3/4 heims. not the first complaint. still tight as the day i put them on, and haven't made the first peep.

Id do it again in a heart beat. cheap, and easy to replace if i ever need to.

thought they were around 12-15 bucks each. almost $23 each!! ouch my wallet cant go that far

just oredered the TRE kit from ECGS. chase's kit is $90 cheaper and pretty much the same thing.
my pitman arm is already drilled out to 3/4 so i guess i'll have to get a insert for that one. chase also recomends reaming the hole rather then weld the insert in.

Back