• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: OEM oil filter adaptor and large torx bolt....

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I've scrapped several engines....... can't believe I never removed one of these to keep around......

But now I need one.

The o-ring is leaking badly on mine and I attempted to replace it........ but unfortunately, in trying to turn the torx bolt fastener that holds the assembly in place...... I've stripped the torx grooves. Someone before me REALLY torqued this down way too tight. Looks like I'll be having to notch the torx bolt and tear it up using an air hammer with chisel tip to remove it.

So, I'm gonna need a replacement. If anyone has a junk block laying around that I could snag this adaptor and bolt off of, I'd be super grateful.

It takes a T-60 bit to get the thing off.

Or, if anyone has an older 4.0 block with the standard oil filter mount, I could use that as well.

This is what I'm looking for:

METRI022.jpg

Last edited:
I'll see if I have one from the '96.

Hypoid, lemme know. If you don't have it, I may get with RedHeep.

Thanks guys!

Looks like that one went with the block.

No cost required. Just shoot me an address.

I still remember the phone calls from I-70 East :D

Ah yes.......... As do I..... :D Friggin' raffle jeeps...... :roflmao:

PM sent. :thumbup:

Hey guys, I'm still looking for one of these. Haven't seen the one RedHeep said he'd send and haven't heard from him in several weeks.

So, please keep an eye out for someone with a blown block or something where I can go grab it, or if you have one, PM me.

Thanks!

Ask Flores and see if he has one, if so I can bring it to you this weekend.

Also Troy, I have a set of Matco extractors that are meant spefically for extracting hex and torx bolts. I'll bring them with me when i pick up that V.S.S. so you can try that out. Its worth a shot anyways.

Ask Flores and see if he has one, if so I can bring it to you this weekend.

Also Troy, I have a set of Matco extractors that are meant spefically for extracting hex and torx bolts. I'll bring them with me when i pick up that V.S.S. so you can try that out. Its worth a shot anyways.

Florhead only deals in Renix junk........ :D

Unless those extractors are less than 2" long...... they ain't gonna fit or work any better than the Torx socket/bit. I won't have the time to go removing parts and lifting the engine while you're here.......

They are barely as long as a shallow socket and they are keyed to beable to put a wrench around them

These:
SEXS25.jpg

Troy, we have a junk 4.0 at work with the 90 degree adapter on it, the guy that owns it is off today, PM me on Monday to remind me to ask him if I can take it off.

Troy, we have a junk 4.0 at work with the 90 degree adapter on it, the guy that owns it is off today, PM me on Monday to remind me to ask him if I can take it off.

Very cool, thanks! Or PM me a phone number I can call you at if that's a better option.

Rich, yeah, those might work..... :dunno:

Back