• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 97 and newer front clip

jeepdude25

NAXJA Forum User
I looking to buy a 97 plus front clip for my XJ. I would prefer that all parts be there but if not its ok. Let me know if you have one you wanna get rid of!!! Thanks Ryan.

now I need to figure out how to take one off.....lol.

As mentioned, torx bits are your friend. Beyond that, they really are easy to remove and install. If something feels stuck, it probably is, take your time.

Pull the headlight surrounds, the grill, and then then headlights are marker/turn signals. Then you can remove the header panel, the bumper (this can be done before), and work from there back depending on what you need. If all is in good shape, you should have the entire thing done in about an hour.

Ya gotta separate the inner fender liners from the fenders. They're held together by the 10mm nuts on the studs for the flare brackets. When looking at the flares, right at the top/middle you'll find one of these 10mm nuts on a stud. Remove the nut, but you'll probably find a metal spring washer you'll need to pry off to get the fender liner off. Once the fender liner is off, you'll see a metal bracket also attached to that same stud that goes over to the unibody/inner fender structure. Bend that away off the stud and the rest of the fender removal is simply removing torx head screws.

that shits always wrong....

no, your shit is allways wrong :)

they are pretty good at keeping inventory updated. new inv goes on the lot in the morning, in the afternoon they empty fluids for stuff going out the next morning.

Back