• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

amount of torque.

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
What kind of forces do the tcase mounting studs/transmission bolt holes experience in 2wd?are the studs there just to keep the case attached to the transmission?

Ok same question: rear ds disconnected 2wd front wheel drive...does this put the mounting area under any different load?

The six little studs that attach the tcase to the transmission are small I'm guessing that the studs/bolt holes do not experience much in the way of torque loads?

If the tcase mounting holes/studs did see a lot of torque wouldn't thye tcase have its own mount like the tranny does?

Last edited:
I've got to ask the purpose of your question to try and get my mind around your question.

The mounting surface area adds to the strength of the joining with the six studs--which aren't really all that small for the application--the XJ isn't a D8 Cat.

Maybe your question relates more to some kind of Mod your contemplating.

Let me know and I can move the thread for you--lots of those "flaky" engineer types in Mod Tech.

Just kidding engineer types, you aren't THAT flaky.

Back