• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Q's bout a 92

whompinxj

NAXJA Forum User
So I was at the ford dealer the other day because my bros pos taurus needed a fuel pump, and there was a red 92 4 door cherokee sitting in the first spot right in front of the dealer. The price is $2395. It has 125k on a 4.0, aw4, chrysler 8.25 and dana 30, and im not sure of the case, 231?, 2hi, 4hi, 4lo. And the motor doesnt leak, the only thing that leaks is the trans (minor, a pan drop kit is only 30 bucks) and its pretty rust free, now this is a new ford dealership and i could tell that they just wanted this thing off their lot, so im considering haggling them down to 2100 out the door. I have a 95 with a 6.5inch, same running gear, a couple of new parts, 33x12.50 bfg muds, and a rust and leaking problem, it is also a 2 door. so, my questions are...

Does the 92 have a vacuum disconnect front end? I really dont want to swap in a non disco.

Is the 92 notorious for any perticuliar problems?

Im pretty tall, and the 2 door is perfect for tall people, Hows the four door?

My mom likes it a lot and is tired of looking at mine, so she would probably pay for all or most of it, or she would buy me a long arm kit and a front end rebuild kit for mine and i would pay her back over time. Also i need to rebuild or replace my front end, and probably the same for the rear. If i did buy this one i would transfer my suspension and tires over to this one minus the 2 inch spacers and blocks, making it a 4.5 inch and I would eventually save money for long arms.

Thanks for any insight

Back