• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Claytons or RE coils

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So Im in the market for some new coils and am trying to deside between Claytons 5.5" coils or RE coils. RE's are a bit more pricey. But what do you guys think. I know RE coils dont sag very much and retain there value. I dont know alot about claytons coils.

I have not run RE's, but the claytons I had on for a couple years didn't noticeably sag and worked out fine for me. I swapped them only because I needed to bring the front end down a bit.

On that note, does Clayton make a 5.5" for XJ? Last I looked, the XJ specific coils were in 4.5, 6.5, and 8.
4.5 and a spacer, I suppose?

Good luck.

The RE 5.5" coils will give you at least 6-6.5" of lift not sure about the Clayton coils. You might want to order the RE 4.5"s if you want exactly 5.5".

Depends on what coil rate you want. both are good options but the claytons are much softer. I am happy with my claytons in the rocks but I wish I had something stiffer in the go fasts.

Back