• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help with this engine knock!

Hard to tell from that video but i did notice a little knock. Kinda comes and goes. You should post another one while throttling it back and forth for us. It was pretty faint on this end. Does it seem to get loud when you get at higher RPM's? Or just after you let off?

Hard to tell from that video but i did notice a little knock. Kinda comes and goes. You should post another one while throttling it back and forth for us. It was pretty faint on this end. Does it seem to get loud when you get at higher RPM's? Or just after you let off?

Seems to be totally quiet above 1500rpm. Even after letting up it isn't there until below 1500rpm. I will post another video tomorrow.

There was some glitter in the oil when I changed it. It's a newly rebuilt motor and I figured it was normal to have some glitter after the first 500 miles.

Good luck. I gave up on finding the noise. This sound has been present through two engines with entirely different components (one completely blue printed), two transmissions, two flex plates, 3 torque converters (one with each transmission plus one other). The only thing I haven't tried is that piece of aluminum between the engine and transmission.

Same circumstances. Nice and quiet when cold. When it heats up after a good drive is when it comes. I can't hear it from inside the Jeep unless I am next to something that can echo back.

Back