• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem with POwer Windows

chiw00

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, read a lot but couldnt find much.

I have a 98 Cherokee Classic, the problem is that the auto power windows doesnt works.

If on the main switch you press the drivers window down it will work, but if oyu go all the wey to auto y will stop. You have to take of your finger and press bottom again, but auto will not work.

Hope you have any tips on repairing, getting a new master switch its a bit pricy.

Thanks!

Tends to be a common failure point, but it's usually because the window lock button gets stuck on (windows can only be controlled by the driver)...

You might pull the door panel and make sure the wire harnesses are connected properly - I believe there's two of them (probably one for the windows and one for the locks).

I had the window lock issue, and after a few years of my friends complaining, I ended up buying a new OEM panel. It was kinda pricey, something like $80 shipped. I think I got it from Rock Auto?

Back