• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok real quick stupid question about m 93 xj & what lift height i can easily achive

sanders

NAXJA Forum User
ok real quick stupid question about m 93 xj & what lift height i can easily achive

ok so back story on the rig bought this over a built & locked 85 CJ7 its a 93 xj sport with a 5 speed manual & I6 ho engine. chassis has 200k miles on it with about 30k on a remaned engine/trans. i bought it for $1150.00 (is that to much) & it perfectly straight. any ways this is what i want, i want a 3" lift. this will be my daily driver & not used for hard core wheeling i anticipate mostly blue to single black diamond trails. it will be driven in snow 6-7 months out of the year & be required to pull my sled trailer with a 02 ski doo summit 800 on it (roughly 500 lbs)

now my question is if i go with a 3" lift what will i have to mod as far the drive line brakes etc goes? does it sound like i have the right lift hieght? i have about 250$ to 300$ to spend total the rig will be expected to carry 100 to 150 pounds of tools every day. is there a junk yard budget way i can get what i want or do i need to go with a comercially maned kit? i have a pretty good grasp on mechanics & my dad was a auto mech for 35+ years so i have him for help as well. if you guys have any pics links etc id really appreciate it

thanks
DavidS

Back