• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heat and Ac Only setting is Defrost

XJOutsider

NAXJA Forum User
I just got finished doing the evaporator core on my 99 Cherokee with 4.0L.

I got it all back together and now all i have is Defrost. I am not sure if i missed a connection.

It really seams like i have no vacuum in the heat and ac system. It is hooked in at the fire wall

Does any one have diagram of where all the connection go and the colors of the tube?

Also I was messing around with switch and pull up on the clear part were all the Lines coming to it. Could have i broke the switch ? :gee:

I feel so frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

James

The default for no vacuum to the system is defrost position.

I don't have the 99 FSM, can't help you with that.

Everything worked prior to the evaporator replacement?

Sent you a PM.

I can't really help directly either except to confirm the previous posters comment that if there is any sort of vacuum leak the system goes to the defroster as it`s default setting. Just as a quick example I recently changed the battery in my '94 Cherokee and put a tiny nick in the plastic tube running behind it which comes off the vacuum cannister and that was all it took to send my ac to the defrost only.

Yes everything work correctly befor I took it a part. Here is how it is set up now. I am not sure where the black line form the fire wall connects to.

Joe_Peters Thanks for the pm.

Presentation1.jpg

From the 99 FSM

Render it in ASCII, but don't post direct scans from manuals - Please! -Ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting up the final answer, it will help someone down the road.

Good luck.

Back