• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater blower motor

Fish'nCarz

NAXJA Forum User
My blower motor started making noises like the front door of the Addams Family House last weekend. Is this a hard fix, or should I dive in?

I just had mine replaced. Though it's only a 3 bolt removal, and plug & play operation for the blower itself. However you do have to have your AC discharged in order to move the accumulator out of the way. This of course assuming you have AC...

Pop your hood and look at the passenger side fire wall. The access to replace the blower is right there...behind the accumulator.

I got an aftermarket one on ebay, from one of the better sources for about $70 shipped. It's worked fine thus far, and no more annoying hamster wheel squeek.....

I meant to add, that this info is for later model XJ's...not sure about earlier models before '97s

Last edited:
I just had mine replaced. Though it's only a 3 bolt removal, and plug & play operation for the blower itself; you do have to have your AC discharged in order to move the accumulator out of the way. This of course assuming you have AC...

Pop you hood and look at the passenger side fire wall. The access to replace the blower is right there...behind the accumulator.

I got an aftermarket one on ebay, from one one of the better sources for about $70 shipped. It's worked fine thus far, and no more annoying hamster wheel squeek.....

I meant to add, that this info is for later model XJ's...not sure about earlier models before '97s

great. I need to have the dealer look at an a/c leak. Should only cost a house payment or 3!

Back