• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its way to hot for this...

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
My a/c is blowing not so well. Its getting into the tripple digits regularly now, and my a/c is feeling more like luke warm than fricken freezin. I noticed the evaporator drain is probably blocked, because its spewing water all over the floor on the passenger side from where the drain hose runs out. I have already recharged the system and it made a little difference, but not much. Does the drain being blocked have an effect on the amount of cold air that comes out?

Oh, its for an 87' ....
thanks,
jmeti000

it has some... make sure the evap coil, and the condencer coil are clean. also check (if it still has one) the a/c incab air filter. Another thing if its getting that hot your a/c isnt going to cool as well. you should be looking at a minimum of 18 deg F temp difference between the air inside your jeep and the air blowing out. if not, check pressures at compressor.

Back