• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel injector ?

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a link to a guy who sells flow matched 19# injectors on ebay on NAXJA one time and i was wondering if anyone knows who he is? if not where can i get some a friend of mine wants them

I saw a link to a guy who sells flow matched 19# injectors on ebay on NAXJA one time and i was wondering if anyone knows who he is? if not where can i get some a friend of mine wants them

Seller lucky7autoinjectors.

joe do you know the why everyone uses the 19# vs. the 24# or other injectors?
The 19# inj. are the closest to stock at the fuel pressure that our XJ's run. The 24# on a stock 4.0L would have too much fuel, making it run rich. Quite a few guys run the 24# inj on their strokers as you typically need a decent amount more fuel vs stock/mild modified.

24# are probably going to be too rich unless you want to buy/build an adjustable MAP, and they still might be too much on a stock engine.

Rainman has a good writeup on injector swaps, including using some from Neons, different pressure regulators, etc., if you are interested.

The most you will get using the 19# 4-hole disc injectors is an inexpensive replacement for stock, a smoother idle, and better atomization of the fuel mixture. If you want HP boost you need to do other mods before worrying about injectors.

Good luck.

I just put Neon injectors in my 87. It starts quicker, idles smoother, and has more "get up and go". I was very supprised when I punched the gas going down the road and the Jeep actually grunted and took off.

I should also say that the injectors I had were mismatched, 3 silver and 3 black, and the numbers on them were different. I am guessing the previous owner did this.

The new injectors have the 4 hole ends, part number 0280155703. These injectors are supposed to flow pretty close to stock, but have better fuel atomization with the 4 holes.

DSC08312.jpg

what year neon's can i pull these injectors off of? what motor did they come on with the neon?

I pulled mine from a Neon and a Stratus with the 2.0L, I can't remember the years. I just asked the guy to point me in the direction of the Neons and I looked at the injectors for the correct number. Since these are coming off of a 4cyl engine, you will have to pull injectors off of two cars.

Make sure to get some injector cleaner to soak them in if pulling them from a JY. Also make sure to depressurize the fuel rail before removing the injectors on your Jeep and the car at the JY. Even thought they drain the tank, they didn't depressurize the system at the JY.

This site helped me alot in finding information on the swap. The second link has a chart whith what vehicles have the injectors.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92236
http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/catalog/item/4511825/4735791.htm

Got the new injectors in today. 2 hours total time, Includes going to jy
Pulling/cleaning old, installing new.
Can't tell a huge diff yet, maybe in the mpg dept.

I pulled mine from a Neon and a Stratus with the 2.0L, I can't remember the years. I just asked the guy to point me in the direction of the Neons and I looked at the injectors for the correct number. Since these are coming off of a 4cyl engine, you will have to pull injectors off of two cars.

Make sure to get some injector cleaner to soak them in if pulling them from a JY. Also make sure to depressurize the fuel rail before removing the injectors on your Jeep and the car at the JY. Even thought they drain the tank, they didn't depressurize the system at the JY.

This site helped me alot in finding information on the swap. The second link has a chart whith what vehicles have the injectors.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92236
http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/catalog/item/4511825/4735791.htm

How do you do that?

Got the new injectors in today. 2 hours total time, Includes going to jy
Pulling/cleaning old, installing new.
Can't tell a huge diff yet, maybe in the mpg dept.

You put the "703" in yours? What motor jeep?

Back