• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets make a donation!

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Because of all the gracious vendors who donated product to our NWF raffle, the NWC was able to come out of NWF sitting pretty well. It's now time to give some of that back, and make a local land use donation.

Just like last year National is offering their "matching funds" program to all the chapters. There is a $500 limit on how much they will mach, so to start us out, this will be a $1000 donation between the NWC and National.

I would like to use this thread to hear everyone's opinions on where this money should go. Please explain a little about the cause, or group, and how they could benefit from it. It needs to be local, and land use related.

I say we donate it to the yacolt burn project.

I second that. The yacolt burn project. And i say we Make an announcement on the 8th..

That would be gangster if we could make that announcement at their show on the 8th.

You could make a donation to re-do the bridge on Kanar that people were bypassing during NWFest.

IMG_1268.jpg

I third the yacolt burn project! Give us some respect and status there and not as many videos of guys on you tube apologizing for ruining the area.

I think if we do the Yacult, we should hand deliver with a group of us to do a work party.

The NWC could sponsor there own lunch at TSF "Saddle Up." get some people together for a "trail mod/cleenup" i know that ODF is really wanting to make an atraction out of the trails there. plus we really havent done squat for the trail other than post our sighns, some watterbar cleenup, and of course wheeln it.

just a thaught
Bronze.

What about Reiter? They are in permit / mapping stage. Funding will be the next hurdle. There is nothing like Reiters terrain in the PNW. Yes Yacult looks like its just time before it opens, which is great. But reiter needs funding. They could REALLY use the $$.

What about Reiter? They are in permit / mapping stage. Funding will be the next hurdle. There is nothing like Reiters terrain in the PNW. Yes Yacult looks like its just time before it opens, which is great. But reiter needs funding. They could REALLY use the $$.

I would definitely support this if it is feasible!

-Alex

You could make a donation to re-do the bridge on Kanar that people were bypassing during NWFest.

Not a bad idea, I think Doug (FubarXJ) was going to let the local 4x4 club know about the bridges condition. Maybe he can give us a status report on repairs. I'm sure a donation toward materials would be appreciated.

Has a club or group stepped up to lead this project?

I've been curious about how the progress has been going on the rebuild, but I never really hear much about it.

Yacolt Burn is my vote. Naxja could announce it at the Clean Up The Burn work party this September. It was also nominated for a BFG outstanding trail. One of 5 in the US. Browns Camp is a good idea too since we wheel there quite often. My thoughts on Reiter was that its shut down now so funding for what, maybe legal fees to re-open or rebuild?

Has a club or group stepped up to lead this project?

I've been curious about how the progress has been going on the rebuild, but I never really hear much about it.

Reiter Trail Watch. Out of everything that has been mentioned besides donating to fix the bridge, Reiter could use is the most.

go here for all the work parties that have been taking place
http://www.reitertrailwatch.com

just did a walk through not to long ago showing where new trails will be placed. $$ will be a huge hurdle right now with the DNR but donations always help! Yacult will happen soon (which is great. Shows the 4x4 community truly came together) but Reiter needs the attention right now!

Back