• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Lift?

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Rusty's 6.5 or any other 6" lift... I dont need a LA lift. I think I'm pretty set on Rusty's... How about your opinion of the best most affordable 6 inch lift!

alright... thanks i was just reading a thread that was quite against Rusty's there are just SOO many diff opinions i dont who to go with! AHH

Well, first thing I see is that you want to go to 6" WITHOUT a long arm kit...bad idea.

Now you have to ask yourself these questions...

How often do I offroad?

What types of terrain do I offroad in?

How hard am I going to abuse it?

Am I getting the lift mainly for looks?

Do I really have a need for a 6" lift?

Do I have the budget for a 6 inch lift? (going that high involves SYE, driveshaft, bigger tires, gearing, yadda, yadda....)

Answer those questions, and other people could help you a little better.

affordable and 6" lift are very different concepts, and you should really think about the monetary issues associated with a 6." I love my Rusty's 3" kit and have no problems, and it was shipped to me in like 5 days. that from alabama to new york, ground shipping. I personally would not get a 6" rusty's simply bc his kits are great for what they are - barebones kits.

yea, unless you get his longarm kit, your not going to get what you need with his 6 inch kit. His longarm stuff is great, and combined with a 6 inch lift will perform great. but his kits are cheap because you get what you need to LIFT it, thats about it.

anyway. if you want 6 inches, wait till you can afford long arms theres no reason to go 6 inches with short arms, it will ride like crap without the 3-400 dollar drop brackets and braces, and you flex will be crap.

DONT HALF ASS YOUR HALF TON

hope it all works out

Pretty much they covered it, if you want to do an inexpensive lift, you want 4" and 33's, no more. If you want to start talking 6+ lift and or 35's, stop thinking cheap and bend over.

Big
Safe
Cheap

Pick 2.

If you want a suggested 6" ish setup, look at the RE 5.5" with drop brackets. It's probably the least expensive decent ~6" kit out there.

Back