• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP PLEASE!

truck7575

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing an Advanced Adapters SYE kit and need to remove the two needle bearings on the drive sprocket. I do not have a press and I was hoping someone had a good home remedy for getting these bad boys out. All and any ideas or help would be awesome!

If your not going to use then for anything then take a Dremel tool and cutoff wheel and cut a groove almost all the way through the race and then hit it with a chisel and it should break and slide right off.

I am installing an Advanced Adapters SYE kit and need to remove the two needle bearings on the drive sprocket. I do not have a press and I was hoping someone had a good home remedy for getting these bad boys out. All and any ideas or help would be awesome!
Get a brass punch and drive them out!You wont re-use them anyway.
If your not going to use then for anything then take a Dremel tool and cutoff wheel and cut a groove almost all the way through the race and then hit it with a chisel and it should break and slide right off.

I wouldn't recommend that,the "race" is nothing more than "sheetmetal" in thickness and you might cut into the gear which will become the "new" bearing surface.

I dont think I am going to drive it by hand I am afraid I will damage the surface below as mentioned by other dude this will be the new bearing surface.

You dont,most are about 3/4".You just work around the bearing,its easy,your just making a big deal about it!

Back