• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yup. Another hood vent thread.

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Just want some opinions. I dig the function of hood vents and am looking to get some on my jeep. I just hate the look of the dinky lebaron vents and the older 83-92 camaros came to mind. Wondering if any you photo chop guys could simulate how the vents might look on there or any opinions/ downfall to that large of vents. I know I'll have to do something about water/snow drainage but just lookin for some other thoughts.

Vents I'm talkin about.
1988-camaro-iroc-z-hood-vents.jpg

MT87CamaroConvert.JPG

Last edited:
check these out new to the market and i have a set they work great.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13106_6800.htm

i think those vents would look good too at least it is somethig different.
for 300 it better come with a midget to rub my back after i install them....

im a cheap bastard..id rather find a junk camaro and buy the hood/vents for $50 and make something unique...and that might as well be a whole hood replacement :roflmao:

Just want some opinions. I dig the function of hood vents and am looking to get some on my jeep. I just hate the look of the dinky lebaron vents and the older 83-92 camaros came to mind. Wondering if any you photo chop guys could simulate how the vents might look on there or any opinions/ downfall to that large of vents. I know I'll have to do something about water/snow drainage but just lookin for some other thoughts.

Vents I'm talkin about.
1988-camaro-iroc-z-hood-vents.jpg

MT87CamaroConvert.JPG

I don't think these vents are even functional.

correct..id have to cut the bottom out of each slot...
just looking for opinions as far as aesthetics

ya your cowl hood is sex...i dont have that patience or money hahaha and i suck with bondo :roflmao:
just dont wanna look like eveyone elses jeep with the same teeny tiny vents..

So, how much of the hood support are you going to have to cut to install those gawd awful gigantic hood vents?

See how big the vents are? That's how much he'll have to cut.

Might as well just throw away the hood and lay some 1/4" mesh over the engine compartment. That would be "unique".

I like these louvers. :)

standard.jpg

I like these louvers. :)

standard.jpg

Yeah, but finding shops that have the equipment to cut louvers is getting hard--at least shops within driving distance, and shipping a hood is expensive.

I am, however, green with envy!

Last edited:
How much does a hood louver job usually run? Gen right says that there rivet on louvers are a low cost alternative to getting it done, and those cost $50-$70.

I think $300 for those q-tec vents is too much. I mean the product itself looks high quality and comes with a steel template, but you can get a cowl hood for like 500.

Ill probably just spring for the gen right ones, that way the vents could probably be saved if i ever rolled.

Look up old street rod guys. The guy who did mine has a shop in his back yard with a louver machine that he made. I hate to tell you what it cost me to get those louvers done.......

($80)

Look up old street rod guys. The guy who did mine has a shop in his back yard with a louver machine that he made. I hate to tell you what it cost me to get those louvers done.......

($80)

Yeah, the few shops I have checked out the cost never seems very high, of course you have to pull the hood and bring it to them--no problem, if you have a shop close by. I think the closest I have found to me would be an eight hour round trip, and that takes away the cost effectiveness of it.

Yet hope springs eternal--there is a new street rod shop just down the freeway, I need to stop in and talk to those folks.

Back