• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounting storage box

aussiewheeler

NAXJA Forum User
i have a storage box that fits in the rear cargo area and i am trying to find a way to secure it. i was thinking bolts through the fender wells, but i dont know if there is anything in the way i could accidentally drill through. or how to keep water out. i also need to be able to remove the box becuase i plan on adding drawers to it later. thanks

I drilled some holes very close to the wheel well and put some eye bolts through with fender washers. I then rachet strapped the box down to the floor with the eye bolts.

PM CKH550....he built one for his cargo area that's removeable. I think he has the measurements for it too.

Brady

I just used some L brackets and some 5/8" Self Tapping Sheet metal screws and it holds pretty good.

swbooking said:
I just used some L brackets and some 5/8" Self Tapping Sheet metal screws and it holds pretty good.

If you flopped it would it hold? How much weight is in yours. I would be suspect. Mine is held down with 3 1/2 bolts through an additional plate under the sheet metal, however mine is heavy.

Matt

Back