• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DO I NEED TO CHANGE TRACKBAR ?

jabbo-1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 sport, 4.0, auto. I installed a R/C 4 1/2 inch lift, and drilled
the trackbar mounting hole according to instructions. Everything went
well... I fabricated a front bumper, with winch, so it's pretty heavy.
After bumper installation the front rides an inch or two lower than before.
I am planning to install a couple spacers on front coils to even it back up,
and was wondering if I will need to replace the trackbar with an adjustable
type, or will the geometry stay the same as long as I don't go over the
4 1/2 limit ?

If you are going to wheel it a lot I would spring for an adj TB. Heck, even if I was never going to wheel I would get one at that lift.

You don't "need" an adjustable track bar, as long as the new hole you drilled gets the axle centered properly. Plenty of us have gone awhile with the stock track bar and a new hole drilled in the mount to move it over. If you wheel much, just watch the joint at the frame for wear, and check the bolt at the axle to make sure it stays tight. And save up for the adjustable one.

If it was good at 4 1/2 and you go back to 4 1/2" it will be good whilst you save for the adj. one.

You may also want to look into coils with a higher spring rate. The added weight of the bumper makes the coils act like weaker springs. It may also be a good idea to get some stiffer shocks.

Back