• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ROCK SLIDER

92CHEEPJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
:NAXJA: HI I NEED ONE GOOD ROCK SLIDER A GUY OWES ME MONEY AND HE WILL MAKE ME A SET HE IS A REALY GOOD WELDER AT A RACING COMPANY ALL I NEED IS ONE ROCK SLIDER THAT HE CAN TAKE MESURMENTS ON PLEASE BE CLOSE TO BONNEY LAKE WASHINGTON AND A GOOD QUALITY ONE. THANK YOU I NEED THEM BUILT BEFOR NWFEST HELP

You'll find people don't tend to respond much to laziness.

At least, you should know, that's how it looks to us. You may not know it...but rock sliders are really simple. All you have to do is make measurements. Look at some pictures online, draw diagrams that match them, and go out and figure out the lengths for everything. Shouldn't take you much time, and you can do it without anyones help.

~Scott

yes ive herd some use pinch welds and some bolt threw the floor and the unibody:wave1:

slidersfull.jpg

mounted.jpg

Just because I feel sorry for you.

Do what they did, and you'll be fine. The images are from JCRoffroad of the Stage2 slider.

~Scott

i must just be realy stupid i thought this sight was to help people and get to know some people. i didn't know it was it was to discuradge people and try to make people feel like s%^& was asking a question about what was the best way to build them.

i must just be realy stupid i thought this sight was to help people and get to know some people. i didn't know it was it was to discuradge people and try to make people feel like s%^& was asking a question about what was the best way to build them.

There's a difference between helping people, and bending over backwards.

I was helping you by posting pictures of what needs to be done. It's up to you to figure out the measurements. Why you ask? Because to duplicate a slider for your own set would be more difficult then taking your own measurements and customizing the sliders to fit your need. We aren't trying to be mean to you, you need to realize many of us have been on here long enough to see the same questions over and over again...if you genuinely have a problem/question that you can't answer on your own, we'll help. If you need guidance, we'll help. I'm trying to guide you to what you have to do by posting the pictures. It's up to you to fill in the blanks.

Bottom line, the odds of finding someone with one slider not already mounted to their Jeep is slim. And if it's already mounted, its no different to look at that then make your own measurements.

With that, welcome to NAXJA. If you go on some wheeling trips with us and get to know everyone on here personally, I think you'll find there are many great people on here willing to lend a hand at a given moment.

~Scott

P.S. You'll also find spelling and punctuation matter here. Trying to read someones post where 50% of the words are spelled wrong, and their punctuation is lacking, will result in limited responses and a lot verbal abuse for making it so hard to read what you write.

:NAXJA: HI I NEED ONE GOOD ROCK SLIDER A GUY OWES ME MONEY AND HE WILL MAKE ME A SET HE IS A REALY GOOD WELDER AT A RACING COMPANY ALL I NEED IS ONE ROCK SLIDER THAT HE CAN TAKE MESURMENTS ON PLEASE BE CLOSE TO BONNEY LAKE WASHINGTON AND A GOOD QUALITY ONE. THANK YOU I NEED THEM BUILT BEFOR NWFEST HELP
:soapbox:and you wait till the last week to ask for :helpme: then can`t take alittle crap and give crap to the ones that try to help. If you have any lift and don`t get crazy ,you could run most of the trails without worring about sliders.

Well man you want my 2 cents? Check out cherokeeforum.com. A friend of mine on here recommended it to me. And in my opinion it is way better. Most (NOT ALL) of the people on here think they know everything and expect you to know everything. I rarely come to this forum due to how rude and sinical (sp) some people are. If i had sliders id lend them to you in a heart beat since im sure that would make it easier on you. Anyways check out cherokee forum, most of the people over there are much friendlier and willing to help a fellow jeeper out. Good luck with your slider project.

Well man you want my 2 cents? Check out cherokeeforum.com. A friend of mine on here recommended it to me. And in my opinion it is way better. Most (NOT ALL) of the people on here think they know everything and expect you to know everything. I rarely come to this forum due to how rude and sinical (sp) some people are. If i had sliders id lend them to you in a heart beat since im sure that would make it easier on you. Anyways check out cherokee forum, most of the people over there are much friendlier and willing to help a fellow jeeper out. Good luck with your slider project.

:roflmao:
To each their own.

~Scott

Yes I have an acount there also its cheepjeep. I was told that this place was the better one out of the two.So i gues its true you get treated like crap if your not a member.I thought it was ok to ask questions on here.

Ops I forgot to spell check and grammar check for the school teacher I hope I get 55% right today???
P.S is there a test at the end of this thread ???

You can feel free to look at mine and measure off them if you want, but they are pretty simple. You may want to give us an idea of what style of rocksliders you would like to make and see if anyone has any of that style for you to measure as there are several different styles of rock sliders. Mine are something I came up with on my own using 3"x1.5" sqare tube for the sides, and 1.5"x1.5" for the 3 pieces that go the frame. I just measured, cut, and welded it on.

Back