• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough country leafs

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
So I recently got these newish leafs ( PO had them on for a few months) They are the 4.5 springs but actually netted over 6. I am currently running stock shackles and have a horrible angle to them. They are pointed forward so much so the the bolt is almost hitting the body. What can I do to get my shackle angle back? I dont want any more lift do I just wait until these settle then get extended shackles? Here is how it looks with 33's.

jeep-4.jpg

I would drive around with a ton or so of weight in the back until those springs settle down some then get some shackles. You will want longer shackles anyway for better flex. If that doesn't get it then you may have to remove one leaf from the pack and see how it sits then.

My wifes did this, just like john says add weight to her.. We went to truckhaven a couple of times and then i install her shackles..Now hers is starting to point to the rear like this \ ...She is getting a better ride now, plus get flex..

I've got the same problem with my RC 4.5 leafs. I've been out flexing this thing and i's my DD. Freakin thing still rides like a dump truck in the rear. I really don't want any more lift. What shackles are you guys reffering too?

Mine is the opposite. My RC 4.5" leafs (full packs) have sagged quite a bit (a bit too much really) and are pretty flexy. I still would like shackle relocation and longer shackles though.

Mine is the opposite. My RC 4.5" leafs (full packs) have sagged quite a bit (a bit too much really) and are pretty flexy. I still would like shackle relocation and longer shackles though.

How long you had them? Mine are only about 3 mo. old.

I have the same issue with my 4" RC springs. The shackle angle was terrible.

DSCF7255.jpg

So i got some HD relocation brackets and fixed the angle:

DSCF7277.jpg

I netted about 3/4" lift from this mod.

RC needs to lengthen their springs, seriously.

And for what it's worth, i had 400 lbs of blocks in the back for 3 months and it did not sag the springs at all. Sooner or later I'm swapping these springs out cuz they are just too stiff.

Yep, Mine look just like that!!! I've even sent them 2 emails about this problem. Wanting to first off let them know of the problem and second, to see what there soltuion is to fix it. I know HD relocation brackets are the hot ticket for this and you'd think RC would respond back. Not a word from them!!!! This is only the one problem i have with this kit.

What would the effects be if i just removed one of the leafs from the pack and after a few mo. put it back in? Damn, that sounds like a lot of work now that i've said it.

Yep, Mine look just like that!!! I've even sent them 2 emails about this problem. Wanting to first off let them know of the problem and second, to see what there soltuion is to fix it. I know HD relocation brackets are the hot ticket for this and you'd think RC would respond back. Not a word from them!!!! This is only the one problem i have with this kit.

What would the effects be if i just removed one of the leafs from the pack and after a few mo. put it back in? Damn, that sounds like a lot of work now that i've said it.

They don't respond to emails. You need to get on their website and chat with them or call em.

I was thinking about removing a leaf from my 5-pack but after getting the relocation brackets it didn't seem necessary. The brackets softened up the ride a little and fixed the angle so I was happy. The springs are rough though. RC told me their spring rates are 10% stiffer than stock, which I think it's a complete lie cuz it's stiff as hell.

They don't respond to emails. You need to get on their website and chat with them or call em.

RC told me their spring rates are 10% stiffer than stock, which I think it's a complete lie cuz it's stiff as hell.

:doh: Cool man. Thanks for the help!!!

Back