• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please help with e-fan

phillyxj570

NAXJA Forum User
does anybody have a write-up on how to wire my e-fan to a toggle switch. or give me a step by step on how to do it. the ol' girl is over heating and i need some help please

There's lots of write ups on here if you do a little searching. When starting a thread, you should include details about your XJ as model year, engine, transmission, etc. can make a big difference when it comes to the answer to your question. Here's a write up I did that piggybacks onto the factory wiring. If your question is in regard to the '96 in your profile, I'm not sure if it will work or not as I'm not very familiar with the pre '97 models.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1025399

The more common way of doing it is by running another power wire from the battery, through a relay, to the fan. You then use a dash mounted switch to activate the relay. I'm not going to post up a wiring diagram of this method for you as I know it has been posted up on here many times before.

Oh, and a fan override isn't going to solve your overheating problems if you have underlying issues that need attention...

Back