• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny cooler from ZJ on my XJ? Good idea?

Sleeper

NAXJA Forum User
Wwell i will be hauling a jetski on a road trip for 6-7 hours in july so i went to my local JY and found a tranny cooler from a 98 ram 1500 but it was too big, i was worried there would be not enough airflow to my rad and condensor esp since i have an ARB bullbar bumper and heelas blocking some flow already. So i got one from a ZJ already pulled for 10 bucks, now will i be ok with just that? Thoughts and opinions. thanks

you should be fine as long as the zj didn't blow its trans up, but even if it did, rebuild shops usually professionally clean the trans cooler with a hot machine. i would clean it out very good before you use it! mike

the zj was wrecked and the cooler looks good. My problem is i have read people saying that the stock zj cooler is not worth crap and thats why i ask, i know everyone has an opinion,lol. It looks plenty big and maybe about 5-6''x8-10''. So that is why i ask...

srmitchelle, have you ever towed with it? it is from a v8 zj and kinda small compared to the explorer ones right? any more info? thanks

Back