• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

memorial day??

i don't know where browns camp is but we will be hanging out in cottage grove for a few days & then up to blue river to go rafting down the mckenzie river.
are there any trails near cottage grove to run?

i don't know where browns camp is but we will be hanging out in cottage grove for a few days & then up to blue river to go rafting down the mckenzie river.
are there any trails near cottage grove to run?

browns is just a tad more than an hr away from C.G., i drive throo there on my way up.

Bronze.

ummm scratch that hour away comment..... i live in creswell 8 miles north of cottage grove and its a 2.5 hour drive from here..... anyway the only trails near CG are the noon day trails and that really isnt anything but a gravel road on the side of a cliff.. fun if there is nothing else 2 do. if u fo up blue river rd i guess there is some stuff up there but idk. but ya according 2 mapquest its 145 miles from creswell 2 browns camp(2 hours 31 min.)

how is the weather up there? still raining? or is it sunny yet? i can't wait to get up there, we love the area.

ummm scratch that hour away comment..... i live in creswell 8 miles north of cottage grove and its a 2.5 hour drive from here..... anyway the only trails near CG are the noon day trails and that really isnt anything but a gravel road on the side of a cliff.. fun if there is nothing else 2 do. if u fo up blue river rd i guess there is some stuff up there but idk. but ya according 2 mapquest its 145 miles from creswell 2 browns camp(2 hours 31 min.)

just got home from tsf. went fairly good some minor carnage... whole exhast is gone. made it up firebreak 5 on friday. attempted it on saturday and had 2 be winched up. went up saddle up also. overal it was ok weekend a little 2 much mud and rain

just got home from tsf. went fairly good some minor carnage... whole exhast is gone. made it up firebreak 5 on friday. attempted it on saturday and had 2 be winched up. went up saddle up also. overal it was ok weekend a little 2 much mud and rain

Just out of curiosity how was the condition of Saddle Up? I would imagine there was some water pooled up on the top, but how was the drainage on the trail portion?

I haven't seen it for a a months. We're probably due for a work party.

i only went up the hill and turned around and went back down. and it actually looked fairly good. no pooling of water no real ruts. i made it 2 the top after a well placed rock for added traction.(the 32's were just a lil small)

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

i ended up going a few miles up mcgrew trail in o'brien oregon. that was fun. we have been in cottage grove for the last 2 days. went out on some forest trail roads way up behind dorena lake & came out on 58 near oakridge. nothing special, but absolutly wonderful scenery!

Back