• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crap. need axle help

89RockHeep

NAXJA Forum User
so i put in my new to me AMC20 today, before you say amc 20 wtf look at the thread i posted when i intially purchased it, http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1008920.

so while re-assembling i snapped off a ujoint strap bolt in the yoke, crap so i drilled it out and smacked in a kd tools extractor. That broke off in it, double crap, hardened drive bit isnt going through it, what i was wondering is will my stock dana 35 yoke fit on the 20??? i thought id see if anyone knew off hand before i bother my neighbor for his impact tomorrow, and if not wtf do i do. thanks Ricky.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

I would get a better drill bit and convert to a "u" bolt style u-joint strap.

that would be ideal, but it needs to get out of the driveway first, would the dana 35 yoke fit the amc 20 is the question, but jsut so i know, is there any vehicles i could reference for the u bolt style straps at my local parts store?

Last edited:
that would be ideal, but it needs to get out of the driveway first, would the dana 35 yoke fit the amc 20 is the question, but jsut so i know, is there any vehicles i could reference for the u bolt style straps at my local parts store?

Pinion Yoke ‘U’ Bolts.

Help Brand Made for Ford

Help # 81008

Dorman Number 663-005

Back