• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will a 32" tire fit in the cargo bay..........

I managed to put in a brand new 33x12.5 spare tire/rim where the original used to be. I didn't re-use the metal hold-down, but I did hold it down with about 6 thick bungee cords. Went offroading a couple weekends ago and it barely moved at all. I can't click that side of the rear seat back (short about 2 inches) but the other side latches and the passenger on either side is still comfortable.

I am keeping my rear seat FYI. I just wanted to make sure it would fit and still keep the seat.

I only planned on getting four 265/75/16's (32.2") and keep my 30" spare but for $600 I can get all five shipped to my door so I'm gonna have a full 32" spare.

i've had my 265 laying flat in the back of my jeep. I actually have some small block spacers to lift the front up, the spacers are drilled out to hold my spare axle shafts so they werent needed to fit, but it actually made it a better fit.

i fit a 33 flat with the rear seats up so i dont see why a 32 wouldn't fit

I have 32x11.5x15 BFG Mud and it will not lay flat in the back with the seat in its normal upright position. The slope of the seat back hits the tire at the top of it and does not allow the gate to close. I don't know how someone could fit a 33"...let alone a 35"...without the seat down. I have a '92...maybe mine is an oddity. 31" MTR layed just fine. If you can find a way to angle the wheel up and keep it secured...it would work...I had to do it in a pinch.

I have a 32" bighorn in the cargo area laying down and it has a few inches to spare. The go-jeep write up is cool, I'd do that for sure if I wasn't doing a tire carrier bumper

I've got a 32" BFG MT sitting semi-upright back there, had to tip it over partially to make the bench seat latch into place, which also wedges the tire against the hatch quite nicely. Only about 1/4" of tread left on the tire though, might have to tip it over more to make a brand new one fit.

I'd work harder to make it fit properly but a bumper with a tire carrier is in my long range plans so I don't want to waste my time and money really.

Back