• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

symptoms of too short trackbar?

viperbluelx

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 92 XJ with a 4.5" Rough Country short arm lift. I noticed that one side looks like it's got positive camber and the other side has negative camber on the front(shouldn't happen with a straight axle). Then I looked under it and both springs are leaning pretty good in one direction. It appears it's got some sort of track bar relocation bracket welded to the stock bracket, could it still be way too short? What's the most affordable option if I have to get an adjustable trackbar?

When you install the RC 4.5" Kit, you are supposed to re-drill a lower track bar mounting hole 1/4" to the right of the existing one. I would not recommend doing this as there have been multiple cases where the track bar has pulled through that re-drilled hole. I would get an adjustable track bar if I were you.

If you are going to spend the money get something with a heavy duty double sheer mount on the frame end.

Back