• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aFe Intake Install Success

macidgit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Just wanted to offer up my experience with the aFe intake/filter install on my 2000. The aFe kit replaces the stock airbox with a large heat shield to somewhat isolate the new gauze filter from engine heat, and it includes a large, curved intake tube that swoops back to the brake booster and then around to the throttle body.

The kit was totally complete, and went on almost without a hitch, the only hitch being my Jeep having one of the factory airbox bolts being busted off. Otherwise, a quick and easy install, no muss, no fuss.

Performance IS noticeably better, and I have picked up a little mpg as well. Overall, well worth the $195 - $25 rebate. Got mine from Summit.

Just FYI ~ Steve

I have the same kit... Works well.

Know this tho, if are going to order one, there are 2 different kits. ABS and non-ABS.

I think I'm going to revisit it when my priorty list gets smaller.

I'd like to see about adding some reflective insulation to the outside of the shield. And possibly adding some ducting from up front to get some more fresh air into it.

It's my DD so I'd like to see a little more mpg if possible. I'm only getting about 20 right now.

I can't see spending 2 bones for a piece of sheet metal and tube. It is a nice tube and the included K&N sticker doews add the hp. But i can make this myself. Can anyone mesure the verticle height of the metal or at least anyone got some pics??

I can't see spending 2 bones for a piece of sheet metal and tube. It is a nice tube and the included K&N sticker doews add the hp. But i can make this myself. Can anyone mesure the verticle height of the metal or at least anyone got some pics??

Hence the reason it's $200.

It's called research and development.

Back