• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FF Dynamics fan kit

xlratedxj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone who has bought these where did you tap into for the green ac clutch wire off the module? Don't know if it's better to go off the coil wire to the clutch itself or the pos. wire off the old electric fan plug.

I don't have the FFD, but my FlexALite controller said to just tap into the trigger for the clutch (presumably the same green wire you're talking about), so that's what I did- I just put a tap on it a few inches below the connector going into the compressor (you want to make sure it's packed with dielectric grease or something similar if it's a mechanical connection- corrosion in there can disable both the compressor and the fans. Soldering and heatshrinking would be a good option as well, but I didn't go that route). Assuming this is just the trigger for the relays, they should draw only minimal amperage- it shouldn't affect the clutch operation in any way. Mine has been working fine for just about two years now. HTH.

I haven't installed the controller that came with the kit. It's triggered completely but the OEM electric fan circuit or by a switch inside. They come on with the AC is on, when the temp hits ~215, or when I turn on the switch inside. When I'm on the interstate it never gets hot enough for them to come on unless I'm running the AC. I'm may add the controller later, but for now it's working great.

Back