• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vent tube extensions

wolverine 00 xj

NAXJA Forum User
I was trying to extend the T Case and transmission vent tubes on my 2000 XJ, and it appears that they might already be extended high up on the front firewall of the engine compartment. I located what I think is the flexible T case vent tube, and tried to follow it up and forward. However, I lose track of it as things get tight as it goes by the transmission. Looking inside the engine compartment, I noticed the thing with the black cap right behind the dip stick in the attached photo. I think it might be where the vent tube(s) ends. However, it has a much bigger diameter than the T case vent tube. I’m thinking that the factory might have somehow joined the T case and transmission vent tubes and made them terminate in this setup. The black cap on it appears to be to allow it to breathe but keep water from getting down into it. Am I correct? If not, what is this?

[Sorry, can't figure out how to attach a picture to this post. I hit the attachment button, and it says to enter the URL of the image. I have it on a flash drive.]

wolverine 00 xj said:
[Sorry, can't figure out how to attach a picture to this post. I hit the attachment button, and it says to enter the URL of the image. I have it on a flash drive.]
You can't attach pics here on NAXJA you have to host them first with a website like www.photobucket.com then copy and paste the third choice down below your picture.

Re: vent tube extensions - here's the pic

Cherokee096.jpg

Back