• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Bar Diameter 97 XJ

bellingham

NAXJA Forum User
So i am unable to measure my swy bar at this moment, and am having trouble figuring out the diameter of the stock front and rear sway bars on a 1997 XJ? can anyone help me out real quick?

check out www.rockauto.com they are usually very accurate on what fits what, compared to places like autozone, pepboys ect. with that said, IIRC, there are many diff diameter front sway bar, best bet, grab a caliper and measure it in a couple spots.

It should be 26 mm up front. Some of the earlier models had 23 mm and some of the earlier limiteds had 28 mm. Also, I believe the up country option gave a 28 mm sway bar as well.

so i was able to measure it, but had to use the old string and ruler method then do some math. AS far as i can tell it is a 28mm front sway? should i hold off until a can use a dia cliper, or does this sound right?

My 1996 which was built in the second half of the year also have a 28mm sway bar. I would say go for it.

Back