• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Y-pipe right against oil pan?

Vanquish

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a 2000 Classic. It's always had a slow slow slow oil leak, thats lately gotten a little quicker. My downpipe is also RIGHT against my oil pan on the drivers side...

The pan is dry-ish all the way around the top, but where the pipe is against the pan, is very wet, to the point of drips after sitting for a night. It even runs down the pipe and smells wonderful at every cold start.:bs:

I'm wondering if anyones heard of their downpipe rubbing through their oil pan? I'm not jumping to that conclusion, but I'm also curious how many others downpipes are like mine? Or have I bent something?:gee:

ugh....just remembered it nots a y-pipe :)

Last edited:
Of course it can rub through the oil pan. Once you bend the pipe away, you will know for sure, but you can't just let it rub there.

How are your motor and tranny mounts? If the engine/tranny were moving around a little, it might put more pressure on the oil pan.

Back