• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ASC sunroof issues

vincepru

NAXJA Forum User
i guess this is an aftermarket upgrade on my jeep. it was never hooked up before i got it, so i wired it up and it worked a few times, then it kinda had a mind of its own so i pulled the fuses and left it shut over winter. today it was 70* and sunny so i put the fuses back in and tried to open it and it didnt, i come out of class and my sunroof is wide open and the ASC button is red not green. i somehow managed to make it go back to green, no idea how. now my sunroof is still stuck wide open and i cant get it to shut. were supposed to get rain the next few days and i have school and work so the jeep will be out in the parking lot. id like to not come back to a flooded interior so if anybody has any pointers on how to maybe get this thing to work or even get it manually shut it would be great.

I've seen some with a access hole for a manual crank. May be behind a panel or someplace by the motor. A screwdriver or allen wrench can close it.

right on! now i have to figure out how to tear down the headliner without breaking or tearing anything hahaha. thanks for the help guys, ill post up with updates after work. it looks like blue skies and sunny, but were supposed to get 2 inches tonight. hopefully i figure it out within the hour

Bringing this back from the dead...

any pics or tips on removing the ASC headliner? I see the aluminum rails, and have removed teh a-pillar plastics.

What's next after that?

just rip it all out and dont bother trying to put the same one back in if it was as poorly done as mine. your better off going to the junk yard and getting a new one and cutting it to fit yourself, thats what im doing. but there are 3 metal clips that hook the headliner around the opening of the sunroof. dont forget to take those out, there are also a few clips up by the top of the windshield.

you have to take all of the plastic trim around the headliner, including the trim around the top of the rear hatch. dome lights should be removed, and visors.

Back